Sunday, June 9, 2013

Dear friend--follow your path

               “Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you.” -Maori Proverb

Dear friend,

I think your decision is beautiful. There's not much more I can say, but it's true. And actually, I don't think--I know. It's beautiful. And I just wanted to let you know. Your discernment astounds me. Your reflection inspires me. Your sacrifice sustains me.

We're all on this path together. And your decision about your future just affirms that. I've only "known" you for a little while, but I know you through our God--He is the lens through which I see you, the hook on which our painting is hung. It's powerful--sharing the love of our Maker, both on the narrow path towards Him, though in different ways. Isn't it beautiful, too? That we can reach Him in different ways? This does not detract from His glory, or from our own victory. Rather, it deepens it. It celebrates. It complements. And in doing so, we become who we really are.

So cheers to you, friend, for being on your path. It may seem bumpy, it may seem winding, it may have potholes and blockades. You'll get through them, not on your own, but with our help, with His help. Know you're never alone, even if it feels that way sometimes. You've got a long journey ahead of you. This is just the beginning of a new beginning. And you carry a lot of baggage with you, like the rest of us do. Toss the unnecessary stuff to the wayside, but never forget who and what made you who you are. Ask for directions if you need them. Stop at a rest stop too. Practice gratitude. Look at the flowers growing on the side of your path, look at the sunlight guiding you. In the dark, tiptoe on the light of the stars, skip in the glow of the moonlight.

Let us know how the road is. Send us a postcard every now and then. Drop some candy for us to follow and find. Invite us on some of the journey with you. Let us know when you need to be alone. We can't walk your path for you, but we can offer water when you need it, a shoulder to rest on, a laugh or smile to lighten your load.

We're here for you, beautiful friend. And we're proud of you.

Go get em'

Blessings,
Kate